What does an Altar Server do?
The two main duties of a server are to assist the priest and deacon during the celebration of Mass and help the people pray by your example.
Who can become an Altar Server?
Anyone who is in the 5th through 8th grade and made your First Communion.
- Arrive 15 minutes before the start of Mass.
- Dress into alb, cincture, and appropriate cross or medal.
- Stand in back of church until Mass starts.
- Carry crucifix during beginning procession.
- Hold Sacramentary book for priest.
- Assist in setting the altar table.
- Carry candles during offertory procession.
- Hold pitcher & finger bowl so the priest can wash his hands.
- Clear altar after communion.
- Carry crucifix during ending procession.
- Replace crucifix in Sacristy.
- Replace alb, stole, and cross or medal.