Fast Facts About St. Joseph Catholic School
- Enrollment (Pre-K - 8): 200 students
- Average Class Size: 14 students (K-8)
- Number of Classes per Grade Level: 1
- School Day: 8:50a.m. – 3:25p.m.
- Calendar Year: August – early June
- Hot Lunch: Served daily - popular, balanced, home-cooked meals, plus an electronic program that tracks and manages your family’s lunch account.
- Before & After Care Services Available
- Before-care hours: 7:00a.m. – 8:15a.m.
- After-care hours: 3:25p.m. – 6:00p.m.
Principal: Mrs. Shannon Rogers
- 9 classroom teachers
- Special Teachers include: Technology teacher, Spanish teacher, Resource teacher, Music teacher, Band teacher, P.E. teacher, Support staff
- 2 preschool teachers
- 3 preschool aides
- Strong Faith Formation Program
- K-8 Reading and Writing/Composition Program
- Math Program
- Pre-Algebra/Algebra Program
- Technology embedded throughout curriculum
- Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) standardized testing
- Modified Block Schedule for Junior High
- Pre-K Program
- Band instruction
- Children’s Choir
- Destination Imagination
- Scholastic Bowl
- Spring Musical
- Student Council
- IESA Baseball
- IESA Softball
- IESA Boys' Basketball
- IESA Girls' Basketball
- IESA Volleyball
- IESA Cross Country
- IESA Track & Field
- Peoria Parochial Soccer – Girls and Boys
Built in 1953, the school’s traditional brick exterior emanates a strong sense of tradition, and has had many recent updates, including:
- Computer Lab with computers, a mounted smartboard
- COWs (mobile laptop or netbook carts) in seventh and eighth grade classrooms
We view parents as partners with us in the care, education, and spiritual growth of children. Parents are vital to our school and there are many volunteer opportunities, including room parents, classroom helpers, fundraising, lunch duty, and coaching.
- All volunteers must complete the Safe Environment Program (required by the Diocese of Peoria), plus pass the Child Abuse & Neglect Tracking system check and fingerprinting verification.
- Established pick-up and drop-off procedures to ensure everyone's safety coming to and leaving from school.
- A School Reach voice mail messaging system to contact school families via a primary phone number(s) regarding school closures and other important announcements.
- During the school year: (1) gates are closed at all school entrances during recess; (2) visitors enter through a secured main entrance; (3) parents with a child(s) in Before/After Care use a secured entrance.
Visit Us - "Class Shadow!"
To arrange a tour or to meet the principal and/or any member of our staff, please contact the School Office at 309-347-7194. We can even arrange for your child to "shadow" a student for a day in his/her grade level.